Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Which Leupold Reticle to buy?

Arch Stanton

I bought a Leupold VX-6 3x18 a few years ago. It came with a fine duplex reticle. I have an elevation target knob but not one for windage. I'm going to buy a new reticle from Leupold with the goal of being able to hold for different wind readings. I'm looking at the following options:

1) Windplex
2) TMOA
3) TMOA plus

Does anyone have any opinions about these reticles? Is there another option at Leupold that might be better for me?

Thanks

If you’re going to do any kind of dialing the Boone and Crockett doesn’t do you much good. Without a doubt, go with either one of the tmoa’s. I like having subtensions in all directions for calling corrections

In a hunting scope, I like it simple. Get a CDS turret and the Windplex. mtmuley.

On my new hunting rifle I went with a CDS and the Wind Plex and really like it. If you shoot at the range a lot, especially long range, then as Fire_9 pointed out the TMOA makes calling corrections better.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I think the windplex will do great. Its a hunting gun, and the thicker lines will be better in the field. Thanks for the help

For a hunting scope, my heavy duplex Leupold is about the best that there is. I don't need/want a bunch of junk on my reticle.

i haven't looked through the B&C but if you like that style but want something with a bit less going on in the scope check out their LR Duplex reticle and then add the windage knob

My VX-6 only has an elevation knob, do you guys with windage knobs have any trouble with that turret getting knocked and changing positions during the hunt? I just got back from MT and I was lucky enough to get to set-up on 10-12 deer. A few times I would set up and my elevation turret had been bumped a few clicks.....

My VX-6 only has an elevation knob, do you guys with windage knobs have any trouble with that turret getting knocked and changing positions during the hunt? I just got back from MT and I was lucky enough to get to set-up on 10-12 deer. A few times I would set up and my elevation turret had been bumped a few clicks.....

I would skip the windage knob. Dial for elevation and hold for wind. I’ve never had a dial get bumped but I would think real hard about a ZL turret. Reticles are totally personal preference but I would be willing to bet those saying the tmoa reticle is too busy, have never hunted with one or even spent much time shooting with one. I’ve never found it difficult to get on target with one even with quick shots in the timber

Thanks again for the input guys, I just wish we had the time and money to go try them all!!

That's what you guys are for, thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back