PEAX Equipment

Archery Draws

Highground

So Ive pretty much got myself convinced I should put in for the 410/417 or the 900 archery tag next year. Im under the impression that if I do not participate in bonus points I wouldnt lose the points I have...and as a first choice would still have almost 100 percent odds. Is that true? I have never hunted 410 to be honest, it would be a brand new trip for me. Im fairly familiar with the N.F in 411 and South of Lewistown. Also have a few spots in other units the 900 tag would let me hunt. Would anyone like to share their version of the pros and cons of these two archery tags? Im wanting to do a 8-10 day archery hunt. I am also fortunate enough to have a father with a small cessna. Not sure the plane will help much, but I know it will cut down on travel time from our side of the state. :hump: How does the infamous breaks gumbo affect landings? Could a guy reasonably expect to be able to land out there and hunt within a few miles of the plane? Thanks in advance for any insight....Im already leaning towards the 410 area. Just cant help wanting to explore!

In MT, you can skip a year and not loose points. I can't confirm this now, but in the press release I read this past summer it said points don't expire. So you won't loose them unless you draw your unit. 900 Unit is =100% draw. I would opt for the 900 since you will be using your bow.

Do they still have the snowy mountain archery only hunt??You may want to look at that as well if they still have it.Having access to a plane will make scouting fairly easy

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back