Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

boys tag out!

chadv

Just got back from SW MT and had a great hunt in my book. I had a general tag and my boys both had B tags that were all that was available when they found out they could get off work. I didn't fill my tags but both boys (21 and 19) shot their cows and I was the proudest hunter in the state. First elk for the one and second cow for the other. My goal was to get one elk and anything else would be a bonus. We tented at Cabin Creek campground where we came across a few Griz tracks and several Griz tracks to the drainage to the North. Our third night in the tent we heard something scratching at the pickup and crunching in the LOUD snow. Hoping to scare off the killer Griz we scampered out of the tent in our skivys and moccasins armed with spray and pistols to catch a pine marten scurrying away. I wish I could post some of our pictures but alas I'm ignorant in this tech stuff. Thanks to all you experienced posters here. I read and reread several of your posts daily and try to learn what I can from you. MTMuley comes to mind as do several others. We hope to be back and bring some antlers back next time!

Congratulations to you and your sons! Those family hunts are priceless, my sons are all married adults now. However, I still prefer to take my 'boys' hunting and just be with them, over going out hunting for myself.

That sounds like a great hunt. And you guys will have some full freezers! Congratulations.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back