Caribou Gear Tarp

Public Land/Water Access Association's New Website

katqanna

I have been working on PLWA's new website for a few months now, doing research to flesh out the Issues, images, maps, Know Your Rights section, law cases (still have more to add to the issue pages) and their own history. I still have some work to do, about a dozen Issue pages that need to be added, and some of the older migrated Article pages that need editing, but enough of it was ready we wanted to make the resources available now.

I hope this will be a good reference source for journalists, historians, law students, attorneys, and the general public. Let us know your thoughts or ideas.

Something I would like to point out, while PERC and the Stockgrowers like to label PLWA "litigious" (kind of ironic because they have been involved in lawsuits themselves), you will see looking through Issue pages, that quite a number of these access cases never made it to court because they were handled by the County Commissions, as they should be. There have been a couple times that County Commissions did not do their legal jobs and had to be taken to court, like the Seyler Lane, Lewis Lane and Duncan Road Ruby River case.

This is an important point when you consider elections and who you vote for in the County Commission elections. I think more pressure and emphasis needs to be brought to bear on Commission elections, because this is where it all starts. In the Commission cases, if their meetings are archived online, I have linked to those meetings where access was discussed and resolved. The other ones I will have to get from the Counties and upload later. Ah, and the County Attorneys who advise and prosecute access cases, they also need consideration in the elections.

https://plwa.org/
Hope you enjoy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back