Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Weirdest Western Town?

Big Sky

The thread about one's favorite western town got me to wondering what are the weirdest towns any of you have been to in the west. At the top of my list would be Colorado City in Arizona when I went there 30 years ago. Anyone that has ever been there back then knows exactly why I was weirded out by that place. The next weirdest place I've ever been is technically part of the Dearborn community in Montana. Not the part down along the river, but the community that lives in the mountains above Dearborn. That is just like stepping into the set of the Deliverance movie, only more strange!

The next weirdest place I've ever been is technically part of the Dearborn community in Montana. Not the part down along the river, but the community that lives in the mountains above Dearborn. That is just like stepping into the set of the Deliverance movie, only more strange!

HOLY CRAP that place is a wreck!!!

If you spend anytime in Missoula you will see just how weird it has become. Naked bike rides, congregations of the Rainbow family, home of Footloose Montana, at least two herbal apothecaries downtown, ice cream cones for your dog (which I actually like).

Of course, weird is subjective. If you mean just make you stop and wonder kind of place I would vote Pinedale.

The Dearborn area is a bit wacked out. Deliverance music echo's thru the hills at night. It has had it's share a of characters thru the years. I think if the Good Lord were to give this world an enema that's where he would stick the tube. But that's just my opinion ;)

Dan

Castledale, Utah. With the center of the strange vibrations being located at “Deja Vu Fine Dining.” Black table cloths, black napkins, black plates, and microwaved chicken. Ate dinner there with my dad and brother after a day of cow elk hunting when I was a kid. The absolutely skeletal waitress began to sing to us after she brought out our food. Stood there at our table and just, started singing. My dad made my brother and I go outside we were laughing so hard.

Jeffrey City is a good choice, so is Lamont. But my vote goes to Denver and everything surrounding it. It is truly amazing how quickly once you cross into Colorado from Wyoming on I25 how much nicer people are dressed, how many weird hairdos there are, and how many jolly rogers you see flying.

Couple summers ago we traveled to Denver for a concert at Red Rocks. Stayed downtown and did quite a bit of walking around. Cirque de Soliel was in town and also walking around downtown in costume. It was surreal but it was cool as chit. Denver is up there in weirdness but can't hold a candle to Austin.

Taos ranks with Denver.

The thread about one's favorite western town got me to wondering what are the weirdest towns any of you have been to in the west. At the top of my list would be Colorado City in Arizona when I went there 30 years ago. Anyone that has ever been there back then knows exactly why I was weirded out by that place. The next weirdest place I've ever been is technically part of the Dearborn community in Montana. Not the part down along the river, but the community that lives in the mountains above Dearborn. That is just like stepping into the set of the Deliverance movie, only more strange!

No kidding. That whole area up there kind of gives me the creeps. Didn't know so many people could live out of school buses.

Ingomar, MT. Lots of history in this town but still a bit on the kooky side, stopped for lunch at the Jersey Lilly (beans are highly overrated), but the one patron kept me entertained for 30 minutes ranting about the worthless evil Government. I usually just pass thru but it was lunch time so I stopped for a bite. Pretty sure the place is haunted too..

Crestone Colorado...men don't bathe, women without bras, more Buddhist and Hindu temples than homes, transients, Bob Marley look alikes, bums with dogs, 100 percent Mark up.

St. Marie, Montana - like a scene from the apocalypse.

i will second that, especially in mid winter when the snow is 3 ft deep and the deer are living in the buildings along with the sharptails, kept thinking i was in a stephen king movie,,,,,

Crestone Colorado...men don't bathe, women without bras, more Buddhist and Hindu temples than homes, transients, Bob Marley look alikes, bums with dogs, 100 percent Mark up.

Yes, but the Yak nachos are awesome. Plus it's one of the few places to access unit 82 lol

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back