Weirdest Western Town?

Steamboat Springs, CO for me. I can't figure that town out, one trip there and it was full of the ski bum type, yoga pants, and micro brew beers in solo cups and another trip it's a rodeo town. Then a Cowboy rode his horse into Safeway, literally into Safeway to shop. On another visit we couldn't get our tubes in the river b/c there so much skunky smoke flowing up and down the river it made it hard to concentrate. During hunting season I feel that if I don't have a Hecs suit and brand new horse trailer I'm the odd ball. Oh, and lets not forget the several whacky experiences up in the hot springs after dark. We visit Steamboat often as the in-laws have a cabin down there, but it never ceases to shake the label as a weird town.

Steamboat Springs, CO for me. I can't figure that town out, one trip there and it was full of the ski bum type, yoga pants, and micro brew beers in solo cups and another trip it's a rodeo town. Then a Cowboy rode his horse into Safeway, literally into Safeway to shop. On another visit we couldn't get our tubes in the river b/c there so much skunky smoke flowing up and down the river it made it hard to concentrate. During hunting season I feel that if I don't have a Hecs suit and brand new horse trailer I'm the odd ball. Oh, and lets not forget the several whacky experiences up in the hot springs after dark. We visit Steamboat often as the in-laws have a cabin down there, but it never ceases to shake the label as a weird town.

That sounds like the 'boat. Weird is an understatement.

Rachel NV is pretty strange too. Why it's even a town is beyond my since it's only a few old trailers and a bar. We drove through it once when I drew an antelope tag just north of the test site boundary. It was the 3rd week of August which in southern NV is still very much summer. About 5am and the temp was 29 degrees. Seems pretty darn cold for summer in the desert. There are some real characters there who I think have actually started to believe all the stories they tell.

rachel-nevada-940x626.jpg

Attachments

• Famous+UFO+sightings+tiny+town+Rachel+Nevada+2P4pZdhBu7_l.jpg
    Famous+UFO+sightings+tiny+town+Rachel+Nevada+2P4pZdhBu7_l.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 139
Back