New Member from WA

Chad W

Just wanted to give a quick introduction to the Forum.

I live in western Washington and have spent all of my time hunting on the west side of the state. I love the places where we hunt but I have wanted to venture off into some more open county especially now that I have two boys and I want to learn some new areas to take them there once they get old enough. Our typical hunting is in the steep jungle out on the coast so I am very familiar with rugged country. I am starting my research for finding areas on public land in Idaho where you can get away from roads and have opportunity for some backpack hunts or at least cover some country on foot and not have to worry about stumbling into roads. I am sure at one point soon I'll be asking for some opinions on units that would provide me with opportunities for the style of hunting I prefer. As of now I am looking at Units 19, 19A, 20, 20A, and 25. The areas I hunt locally are not know to have a lot of game (elk or deer) compared to other units in WA but we put in our time and don't have any troubles getting into them so I am not unfamiliar with units that don't have a high number of animals compared to other units.

Thanks,
Chad

Welcome. These are fun areas in ID, pick one, scout it in the summer with the fam then head back in the fall. It's hard to beat.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back