2017, A Heck of a Big Game Year!

vanish

I journaled about our hunts in the Live Hunt forum, but I thought I'd put up a one image summary since most people don't head on over there.

2016 was a great year. I didn't think we could top it, but 2017 was a spectacular year for us. I took my largest elk, pronghorn and whitetail. My dad got his biggest mule deer. I don't know how we squeezed the third elk in the freezer. To top it off, none of our home state Colorado hunts were first choice, so there should be some good hunts in the future!

uc

I mostly hunt vicariously these days. Did get out about 5 days , fun, but no cigars.

Thank you. Enjoyed every hunt and getting to know your hunting family.

Yes, you had a great year!

Very nice!!Some great animals in those pics,and even better eating.You won't have to worry about buying meat this year

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! My body might need a little rest now though, as I've only been at home for one weekend since the seasons started.

Geez, that'll take up a lot of freezer space!

Yessir! We have a old commercial size standing freezer in the garage, a more "normal" size one in the basement, and then our refrigerator all about as full as they can be. Had several BBQs with friends and gave some away, too. Having this much meat has given us the opportunity to experiment with things like ribs and sausages, too.

Yes you sure did have a heck of a good year, it’s always fun reading your journey along the way! I’m not going to lie I’m also a little envious!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back