Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Leupold VX-R

CForest

Looking at putting a new scope on my 22-250 used for calling coyotes. I am just curious how the leupold vx-r compares to the rest of the models?? Newest one I have is a vx3i, which I absolutely love. The fire dot looks pretty neat especially for calling in the evenings. I would be going with a 4-12x50 in the vx-r or similar size in the vx3i. That is unless I decide that I think I need 15x binos more ha! Thanks for any info.

I have the 4x12x40 VXR CDS on a 7 Mashburn...good scope. The firedot is a very effective feature.

Sounds good thanks guys. I just noticed the 4-12x50 no longer comes in cds, but the 3-9x50 does. So I may have to sway my decision slightly.

Last edited:
The 40 is plenty bright cforest...I know it's blasphemy for a Texan not to boon a 50, but it's true.

Quiz time......why do so many Texans use 50 tubes...........cause they don't make 60's!!

The 40 is plenty bright cforest...I know it's blasphemy for a Texan not to boon a 50, but it's true.

Haha, i have a 40 on basically every other gun I own, I just thought the 50 would really be nice since I am often calling until dark. But I will sure give it some thought!

I have a VR 2-7x33mm (30mm) Matte FireDot Duplex I can ship for $389 if interested.

I appreciate the offer, but I do want a higher magnification. Also to be honest I need to order through leupold to utilize the coupon I have.....

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back