Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Washington Elk Hunting

JeremyA

The Army has decided to move me to WA. I have been stationed there before but never got t the chase to do any hunting. Looking for some insite on elk hunting, bear hunting, and hunting in general. I have started doing my reach for tags and license. WA it is crazy how much info it takes to get tags and license. Any and all info that could be helpful would be great. I looked at the Master hunter program and it looks very intriguing.

Also, if anyone is looking for a hunting partner. Let me know. Very dedicated(as much as I can as an Army recruiter) to put in the work to fill tags. I look forward to hearing from the great elk talk forum committee.

Good luck. Washington is a great state for fishing. I see a lot of elk hunters in ID and MT with Washington plates. That might be your Plan B, too. There are Roosevelt elk along the coast and that could be your goal since they are not in many Western states so might want to try that adventure. There is a hunting site that focuses on WA if you want to try over there for a partner or mentor. I will send you a PM with that info.

I would stay away from elk hunting, just buy an ID tag. The master hunter program is ok, but don't get your hopes up. Focus on deer, we have much better deer hunting than the rest of the west would believe. Bear hunting is also really good, and you can shoot multiple bears a year. The regs are a complicated as humanly possible. if you have specific questions feel free to ask.

Bull success after 15yrs in WA

WA regs do suck. I moved to WA in 2002 and started hunting in the Any Elk GMUs with my bow. Had a couple of seasons of never getting a glimps of an Elk. I finally drew a bull tag in a spike and cow GMU in 2007. I had my opportunity for a bull on opening day but screwed it up. Ended the season eating the tag. Started hunting Cow and Spike units after, with success killing cows, but waiting for my next bull tag. Finally drew the elk multi-season this year and put in for a Archery, coast, muzzle and modern hunt. Drew my last choice PR Modern. After 7 days thinking about changing areas every day, I connected with a bull that was late (45min after light) heading for cover. I enjoy the hunt and challenge, so I haven’t done the ID tag (but that’s a good option). Pics are on this thread-

https://onyourownadventures.com/hun...9354-First-Bull%85%85E-Washington-Public-Land

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back