12 year old boy, elk, and an '06

Thanks for the kind words guys. He has had a great season and still has one more cow tag in December.

As far as rifles, optics, and bullets. Is there anything a 30-06 with a Leupold 4x, shooting Partitions can't do? Effective and simple, how did I stray so far?

I would had put a 6x leupold on it but you did not go too far wrong... :)

Oh and Barnes tsx bullets

Thanks for the kind words guys. He has had a great season and still has one more cow tag in December.

As far as rifles, optics, and bullets. Is there anything a 30-06 with a Leupold 4x, shooting Partitions can't do? Effective and simple, how did I stray so far?

No kidding Tbone. Congrats to your son. mtmuley

That is so cool, I'm happy for you both...the whole family! I'm inspired to get my 14yr old into an elk next year.

My 10yr old son got his first deer this year, a 3X3 Muley. AS the shot went off and the deer went down in the snowy sage brush he was so excited...as we walked down to the deer he says in a low soft voice, "I feel kinda bad". I told him "that's your appreciation for God's creation and life, that's a natural feeling and I'm proud of you for sharing that with me" he replied with a smile, "Can I skin it!". My son put my small 2 point, with one side busted off, to shame...but that makes it all the more sweet!

Fine memories and bonding for sure. As a father of 4 boys ages 26, 24, 14 and 10 cherish every memory, they grow up so fast as you know.

Congrats to your son! That smile does say it all. Hopefully that 2nd cow tag produces another awesome pic of him smiling!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back