New Mexico Archery Access?

Hoffmann

Hey Folks,

I know that in NM during the rifle season, a non-resident can apply for a tag and be assigned a private ranch.

Is the same true for the archery season in New Mexico? are non-resident archers still assigned a private ranch to hunt?

Thanks all.

In NM archery hunters drawn are NOT assigned a ranch to hunt in. This is from the NMDGF regs booklet:

Antelope Draw Licenses: Any Legal Sporting Arm
What You Must Know Before You Hunt
Hunters drawn for any Archery, Mobility Impaired or October Youth-Only Either-Sex Hunts will
not be assigned to a specific ranch. Hunters drawn for hunts marked with an asterisk (*) in the tables
following will be assigned to hunt on a specific ranch.

NMG&F is in the process of totally revising antelopes tags. Do not know what is will look like! Ongoing meetings.

No. I am just on the departments e-mail list. Changes need to be made, but especially in archery, I have no clue.

The expressed objective is to allow more public tags and less private tags. Long time resident. I am skeptical. I hope they prove me wrong!

hmm.. seems to go against the grain of the A plus program or whatever they call it. I'm a novice more or less to NM, just thought an archery hunt would be interesting and more obtainable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back