Caribou Gear

Another great Alberta Shiras Moose

bonedogg

well, we had another bull moose tag for a Unit that we have a great chunk of land to hunt. Its the same unit that we have hunted in the past with great success on 50" plus bulls. we saw this one in a good spot on opening day and was able to watch my close friend and two other guys work their way to within 60 yds of the bedded bull. He looked good through the trees but didn't think he was this good........... 51" spread and awesome tines extending outward, beauty fronts and great paddles. My friend was super pleased and we had a fun time trying to empty the keg that was brought along as a "treat" lol.......IMG_1581.jpgIMG_1586.jpgIMG_1594.jpg

Aren't shiras moose limited to the lower 48 states only? Either way, great bull and looks like you guys had a great time!!

That's a giant shiras moose.I hope to get one some day,and an eastern.I already took my Alaskan/Yukon moose.Such a cool animal to hunt,especially in the rut

Congrats on a great moose! What happened to the back end? Looks like it was shredded :)

His shot was a quartering away shot when the bull stood up. When he started to bolt my buddy slid his 180 grain 30-06 through him nicely. I was nervous watching the whole ordeal as they ended up getting too close to a cow and calf that were adjacent to them that they did not know were there , and got confused as to where the bull was till he stood up. It was sooo cool to watch them and the moose in the same field of view in the spotter.

Last edited:
Aren't shiras moose limited to the lower 48 states only? Either way, great bull and looks like you guys had a great time!!

I hate political lines as the boundary . SCI has it better in this case as portions of British Columbia and Alberta are included as its northern limits. Smaller bodies as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back