Why it is important to keep track of Zinke.

mfb99

I believe it is important to keep abreast of all the policy decisions that Zinke makes in regards to Public Lands.

I also believe it is important to keep track of Zinke as a politician.

Zinke as a politician and Zinke as steward of OUR Public Lands are inseparable. How he manages his organization, the people he interfaces with, who he takes money from, where he travels and how he spends our tax dollars are important.

His history and his character matter too.

The decisions Zinke makes are political decisions. Just look at his recommendation on Bears Ears.

If we as lovers and users of Public Lands don’t keep track of Zinke politics (including his scandals) we will only be able to react to his terrible policy decisions after it is too late.

The world is complicated today, politics are complicated, and Public Land policy is complicated.

If we are going to have a hope of keeping our Public Lands for us and future generations we need to recognize that it takes being very aware of the workings of those who would do us harm.

Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish a valid HT Public Lands post and a Zinke politics post because they are so intertwined. Myself, I believe it is better to post and let the moderators (who own this forum and graciously allow us to post) make the decision and act accordingly.

To me Zinke is a swamp creature. I have seen nothing to change my opinion of him.

OUR Public Lands are in more danger now than at any other time in my life. At no other time have National Monument borders been threatened with drastic reduction. At no other time have agencies that are supposed to protect our land and water now being run by those who want to do harm to them. (Think Scott Pruitt head of the EPA, an oil guy who has sued the EPA 14 times.)

This is a fight, no this is a war and we should fight as hard as the Extraction Industry lackeys.

Call your congressperson and fight back 202-224-3121

Cheers,

Mark

Ye Shall Be Free To Roam

mfb99,
your posts will probably gain not much favor with folks, but........your message doesn't fall on deaf ears and apathetics only.

Along the same lines, Karen Budd-Falen IS a concerning candidate for BLM head.

Last edited:
mfb99,
your posts will probably gain not much favor with folks, but........your message doesn't fall on deaf ears and apathetics only.

Along the same lines, Karen Budd-Falen IS a concerning candidate for BLM head.

BLM head got named. It's Mike Lee's former chief of staff. A land transfer advocate is now in charge of the BLM. But Trump loves public lands. They're fantastic. Really great. He's going to take such good care of them with his trained seal.

Thanks ?? for the info Ben.
The swamp just keeps getting drained.
Why am I such a wack nut libtard on public lands issues....??
Have spent the last 2.5 months hunting BLM, USFS, Bureau of Rec, Montana DSL, and Montana FWP lands. Then ,of course, there's the last 50 years of my life...........
Those who don't get - don't get it............
Will be working up an elk this weekend, taken on public land.

You lefties never stop.Even when there's nothing to talk about.It's absolutely ridiculous.If you don't like the guy cause he's a republican so be it,but this junk post doesn't belong on this site.If there's something to talk about then I'm sure you'll bring it to our attention,but this is just stupid.I'm glad you don't like the guy but your opinion doesn't really matter now does it.
I did hear Trump was going to lift Obama ban on importing elephants.Didn't hear you say a word about that victory for hunters and conservation.But why would you mention that,you hate a man because he has an R in front of his name.I can't believe they keep allowing such garbage.When a bill comes up or a land transfer is on the table,then fine bring it up.But all you have is ALOT OF NOTHING,and pointless bashing.Go to a bar and run your mouth.I come here to talk hunting

I come here to talk hunting

Thanks for your more-useful-than comments.

I'll bail on this one before panties get twisted.

btw.....

mixedbag - some of us showed up on here because it is touted as a forum for PUBLIC LAND hunters. That may be why some of us talk public land issues the way we do. You could always choose not to chime in if you don't like it. Maybe you could go to a bar and bitch - you won't see me there - really don't have time for carrying on with the kind of "pointless bashing" you seem to enjoy.

Last edited:
BLM head got named. It's Mike Lee's former chief of staff. A land transfer advocate is now in charge of the BLM. But Trump loves public lands. They're fantastic. Really great. He's going to take such good care of them with his trained seal.

Im surprised you've taken a break from tweeting about presidential bj's, righteous democrats, and evil republicans, to stay informed on such topics. Good on you for multi-tasking.

The virtue signal is strong...

It appears that Ben is not the only one keeping track of Zinke and forming an opinion.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.c...cle_a71ef47e-a3ab-523c-9491-cd4d7989262c.html

Parker Heinlein is a sportsman / hunter / journalist who has maintained a keen focus on the political issues and outdoor stories in Montana for decades. He consistently nails it with a bit of humor depicting realism.

At least I found 1 article during the previous POTUS tenure, otherwise I'd be suspect that Parker leans to one side.:rolleyes:

Anyone want to talk sage grouse, monuments, ANWR, LWCF or any other items of action or is it best to just keep with the simpleton partisan stuff?

Depends... Which party do you pledge allegiance to defend their politicians? :)

Anyone want to talk sage grouse, monuments, ANWR, LWCF or any other items of action or is it best to just keep with the simpleton partisan stuff?

Zinke is looking at backsliding on years of great work between governments and industry with his “review” of sage grouse plans that have been working. It’s a waste that would set the west back.

The scale of the current attack on monuments is unprecedented, and the motives are obvious.

To consider drilling ANWR is to consider taking a dump on heaven’s front porch.

His support and defense of a budget the proposed to cut LWCF funding by a fair amount was subservient groveling to his dopey boss.

I’ve never thought much of him as a political figure. There are 4 states left in this country that don’t have presumptive illness laws for firefighters. Montana is one of them. When our fire chief approached him in the state capital a few years back, and asked him for his support, he laughed and said, “You guys don’t need presumptive coverage.”

I could go on, but Being critical of Zinke does not require a partisan bent at all.

One of those green decoy types eh? :) You sound reasonable and must therefore be ignored.

It appears that Ben is not the only one keeping track of Zinke and forming an opinion.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.c...cle_a71ef47e-a3ab-523c-9491-cd4d7989262c.html

Parker Heinlein is a sportsman / hunter / journalist who has maintained a keen focus on the political issues and outdoor stories in Montana for decades. He consistently nails it with a bit of humor depicting realism.

Now that is great journalism. Guy should write for the Washington compost or CNN

Im surprised you've taken a break from tweeting about presidential bj's, righteous democrats, and evil republicans, to stay informed on such topics. Good on you for multi-tasking.

The virtue signal is strong...

Thanks for being a follower!

I never agree with everything any individual says or believes but there are some who I agree with most of the time, Ben Lamb and Onpoint being 2 of them, I guess that’s because they’re right most of the time. When I read the posts from those who continually chime in to disagree with them on what seems like every issue I wonder, (do these folks really hunt and fish on public land and or do they even give a rats ass if public lands are sold, transferred or drilled to effin death?

Guess I just set myself up real good to get scorned by these individuals, but because I’m correct and know it, I’m pretty sure I can take it.

I hunt deer, antelope, elk, pheasant, chukar, Huns, every year on public land. I haven't hunted private property since I moved west. I love public land.

Now what I am not is a lobbyist, party hack, or blind to reality. Do I want public lands to transferred, sold, or destroyed? No. But I also understand that a multi-use approach is going to make keeping them public easier.

How about let's give them a chance, unlike Rachel Maddie and Jim Acosta? I mean Zinke did disregard historical presidence of wilderness area designations to appease those in the "chicken little" crowd. And yet they complained it took too long.

Let's face it, based off of who is in the Whitehouse, nothing will be good enough for the partisan far left. That is what I find most annoying. Virtue signal away....

You lefties never stop.Even when there's nothing to talk about.It's absolutely ridiculous.If you don't like the guy cause he's a republican so be it,but this junk post doesn't belong on this site.If there's something to talk about then I'm sure you'll bring it to our attention,but this is just stupid.I'm glad you don't like the guy but your opinion doesn't really matter now does it.
I did hear Trump was going to lift Obama ban on importing elephants.Didn't hear you say a word about that victory for hunters and conservation.But why would you mention that,you hate a man because he has an R in front of his name.I can't believe they keep allowing such garbage.When a bill comes up or a land transfer is on the table,then fine bring it up.But all you have is ALOT OF NOTHING,and pointless bashing.Go to a bar and run your mouth.I come here to talk hunting

For a guy who comes here to talk hunting, you sure have a knack for making gross generalizations about “lefties “ and such.

Now that is great journalism. Guy should write for the Washington compost or CNN
Sarcasm is a poor substitute for rational refutation. Heinlein's column is obviously opinionated, but also includes conclusive observations based on factual information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back