MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sako Dovetail scope mount- love or hate

Marshian

To ease the pain of tag soup amongst other reasons, I am looking to buy a stainless steel mountain rifle, and am debating between the Sako Finnlight and the Browning Xbolt stainless steel stalker. I like the Sako better in most ways (although I’ve never owned one), except the mounting system. I wish the receiver had holes to screw the mounts in as it seems easier and better looking than basically clamping something to the dovetail with the accompanying exposed tightening screw. My scope mount base choices also seem more limited from what I can tell (no Talleys at least). Any Sako ownwers care to comment. Thanks for your advice and I just say, new gun shopping definitely helps to sweeten the tag soup. Chef recommends!

I went back to the gun shop, shouldered them both a few times and reconfirmed my first love. Walked out a bit lighter in the wallet, and the Finnlight 7mm08 should be here in a week or two. Even better incentive to keep in shape for next season!

Good choice. I'd like to have one in that caliber. Wife wants new appliances instead. Good shootin.

I've had three, two L61R's and an L461. No problem at all with those mounts! Only thing I didn't like was the front sight. Silver soldered on and couldn't remove it. Great shooting rifles! I bought them while stationed in Germany in the late 1960, through the base rod and gun Club. Paid $89 ea for them! Eat your heart out! :)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back