No dead buck in these pics.....

onpoint

Usually, deer hunts lead to dead buck pics being posted on here.
I happen to be afflicted with the desire to only put a serious buck on the ground - thus more often than not I never pull the trigger.
Still, hunting big mulies lets you see a lotta cool stuff - like many 3 year old skinny racked 3 and four points in the back of pickups from allover the place:W:.....
Bucks to pass up, big open country, other wildlife, the prairie night where the only light is the stars above. And the chance opportunity to visit, unexpectedly, with a long time friend and retired coworker who has hunted the same country (I was in) for the last 37 years.
All on public lands.
Maybe next year...........................
buck.jpg
geese.jpg
rifle.jpg
view2.jpg

I so get a kick out of my dogs excitement when I start loading the truck...for anything! :D

I suffer from the same affliction regarding deer. Missed getting out in that country this season. Next year will be different. Great stuff my friend.

I know that feeling waiting for the big one. I haven't filled a buck tag in VA since 2011. I sure have enjoyed the hunts though.

I sure have enjoyed the hunts though.

Yup.
Many may feel differently, but for me - elk hunting is a necessary evil task:rolleyes: in order to fill the freezer. I way more enjoy hunting deer (and antelope - and birds with the dogs), always have......

Nice post and outlook on deer hunting. Imagine what the deer hunting would look like in this state if more hunters could hold off on shooting the infants, and be satisfied without killing a deer.

I've put in over a week of just deer hunting, many more days if you count when I was hunting deer and elk together, some great times with friends and family. Have seen around 50-70 different bucks, maybe only one that was 4 years old or older. Did see one nice bull moose.

Attachments

• shiras.JPG
    shiras.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 150
Back