Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

I'm off to the Custer National Forest

Brian in Montana

Tomorrow I'm getting the kids to school, then I'm hitching up the camper and heading ot on a mule deer hunt. I settled on a smaller buck than I should have last year, so this year I got 4 solid days of treckin through the hills and coolies, glassing the canyons, and hope to come back to Butte, America with a nice one. Wish me luck.

Good luck, I want to head back there some day when I can focus on deer. We hunted a walk in BMA south of there and and saw some pics of some doozies taken. Unfortunately we had a loved one have a stroke on the day we arrived so the first legal deer was shot and we headed home.

Good luck.
Just a warning, The unimproved road are real slick when the frost melts in the after noon and the forecast is calling for more rain and snow and relatively warm temps.

Not sure what a "cushbuck" is, but I assume it has to do w/ JohnCushman?

He was a meat buck, had a lot of fun out there. I need to be more discriminating in future forays. I generally alot myself 4 days to hunt and on day 2 start feeling desperate and shoot the first buck that seems to have antlers 2x longer than its ears.

Last edited:
Meat in the freezer!

As far as photos go - all mine were solo were my phone. Jab a stick in the ground and lean your camera against it, or use some of your gear. You just need something to keep your phone vertical. Figure out how to set up "multi shot" with a timer and then just go look pretty for a minute while your phone takes a dozen photos. Pick out the best one and delete the rest.

I'm cracking up looking at the pic you just posted and your avatar pic in same post. Your picture consistency is awesome ! Congrats on your buck!

Nice buck, I wouldn't have hesitated. But here is some advice for next time. Set the camera up against a rock on video and hit record. Walk to the buck and go through the motions of taking a picture. Watch the video, if the angle worked out do a screen grab and now you have better pictures. Unless you like the selfies, either way nice buck!

I'm cracking up looking at the pic you just posted and your avatar pic in same post. Your picture consistency is awesome ! Congrats on your buck!

LOL

I have a couple of pics like that w/ an elk and another w/ an antelope, and a couple w/ fish. I always at the moment think about how I need to get a little cameral w/ a tripod or something, but then I never think about it again until I'm cheek to cheek w/ a smelly rutted up mulie trying to take a selfie.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back