Howa 1500

Brian in Montana

I very nearly purchased a 7-08 howa 1500 yesterday. One thing led to another, I wound up in Sportsmans Warehouse in Missoula, and found they were on sale for $399. I held it, dry fired, etc. It was a 20" barrel with a cerakote finish. But it was surprisingly heavy for a 20 incher. Also it has a 2 stage trigger, which I generally dislike. There was a lot to like about it for the price, but I opted out. Mainly because of the trigger.

Anybody have this rifle? What do you think of it?

In any event, if this sounds like the kind of thing you want you might want to hustle over to a Sportsmans Warehouse. I believe the sale ends on Sunday.

I see they've been having a sale on the Kuiu model. Was that the one? I've been lusting after one but no Sportsman's Warehouse near me.

I think I have some really nice trigger's on all my rifle's. All but the two Mossberg's I adjusted myself and I haven't touched the one on my 30-06. All break between 2 1/2# and 3#. Except on 30-06. Never tried to use the scale on it. It's a custom 1903 Springfield done in 1945 ant the trigger is the original two stage military trigger cleaned up. I think why I like it so much is the take up put's some weight on your finger and the let off is very light followed by over travel that just seem's to fit! I let another guy shoot it a week or so ago and he couldn't believe it, he loved it to!

2 stage triggers, and "accutriggers", just mess me up. All my rifles have a crisp single stage, so its probably just me liking what I'm accustomed to, but in hunting situations, I switch rifles up a bit - might hunt elk one weekend with a 300 wm and deer the next with a .243. I would want all my rifles to have the same type of trigger. Going from single to 2 stage and back is awkward. At least it is me.

Back