How's this for an adrenaline rush?

As for your remark on:
"Don't be surprised if the bear wants to play with your camera; they tend to do just that around here. "

I know all about that. I've had a number of Bears during the Summer poke their noses into the cameras. I ordered a brand new Bushnell camera last Spring because it had the option to hook it to a solar panel. I had it set up on a Spring where game get a drink. The Bear ripped the cord out between the camera and solar panel. Batted the solar panel around and the wires pulled out of the bottom of the camera from the cable.
Bushnell sent me a brand new camera, with free shipping too!
Don't know if I'll post any trail cam pics? We'll see? I like to program the camera to take a still pic, and then go into a 20 sec video. So I prefer the videos with sound to a still pic.

That is so cool!!

Why is it that for me I will go months not seeing bears and believing they are ghosts to having them walk right on top of me multiple times or running into them like this.

For anyone still following this post, I went back to the Bear Den today. (Sort of). I think the Bear's got the "Do Not Disturb" sign out. I don't think it's right, or probably even safe to keep approaching the Den this time of year. So, today, I looked at the den entrance from above it, on a cliff edge 20 yards away, and checked for tracks in the snow that fell last night. None there. The wind was also favorable for me to approach my game camera, so I went to the camera and swapped out the memory card. The camera did trip in some high winds, so I know if the Bear had come and gone, it would have caught that.
It appears that since I put the camera there 4 days ago, he hasn't exited the Den, so I think he's in there long term now. I'll leave the camera there till Winter really sets in, and then put it back there next Spring when he's due to come out. Maybe even with Cubs???

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back