MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho black powder

Doesn’t necessarily have to be a “traditional” flintlock or percussion. Knight offers an ID compliant version of their Ultra Lite and Mountaineer. Either of those two would be awesome options that would give you more flexibility if you dicided to pursuit ML tags in any other western state that allows scopes, sabots, etc.

Whatever ML you decide on, it’s sure to be a good time. They can be finicky buggers, but that’s part of the allure! Good hunting!

Check out muzzle-loader.com. Look at the NW legal in lines. Just purchased a Traditions Pursuit G4 NW. Great muzzleloader for the price.

There are a few options out there for a Northwest Legal rifle. My personal experience is with a Knight Bighorn and a Traditions Vortex Strikerfire. I love everything about the Traditions except for the fact that is is very finicky about what musket caps that you use. It seems to be a flaw with a weak firing pin. I have had enough failures to fire while (attempting) to shoot at elk, that I am going back to the Knight, which has a very simple but effective firing mechanism that has never failed to fire. If I don't draw a rifle tag, I'll be looking to get either a Knight Ultra-lite or Mountaineer.

Back