Wyoming application question

Hankg

Hi guys. Thanks for all the info yall share on here. I have been planning my first trip to wyoming for antelope and buying PP`s for a few years. Going into 2018 my wife and I will each have 7 points and my daughter will have 4. I am thinking of making a "scouting" trip/hunt next year to get our first antelope under our belt to see what is like. I would like to not use my wife and i's points, saving them for another future hunt. Is there a way for the three of us to apply only using my daughters points so we would apply with >1 point ? Thanks

Is there a way for the three of us to apply only using my daughters points so we would apply with >1 point ?

Nope! If you do a group app, it will automatically average all of your points. You basically have 2 options:

1. Apply for a top end tag like the Red Desert on your first choice and then for your 2nd unit, apply in a unit where you will be able to draw that 2nd choice tag. Your 2nd choice will NOT use points. If you apply in the special draw, your odds of getting into at least a semi-decent unit go way up in the 2nd choice units.

2. Have your daughter apply by herself as she could draw a real good tag with 4 points.

Or apply for doe permits for the unit you are interested in because they are all random draw and don't use points!

Doe tags are a great way to check out some areas without using your points. You can even draw tags in different areas, that way you can check out more than 1 area on your hunting trip.
You always have a chance to draw a first choice so if you don't want to use them yet you're rolling the dice. Apply for doe, then maybe get a leftover draw tag . Leftovers are not usually great areas but it is a chance at a buck without using your PP.

Back