Single Pin Slider for Low poundage bow?

NYSKIER

Any one out there have some input on a single pin slider for a bow in the 48-52 lbs range. My girlfriend shoots a fixed pin sight but wants to give a single pin slider a whirl. I know you get what you pay for but we aren't trying to go to crazy in the cost department. Looking at the trophy ridge pursuit but have been unable to see it in person so I don't want to pick up a piece of garbage. Also looking at the HHA OL-3019. It has good reviews but looking for some input.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I have been shooting a single pin for years and cant imagine going back. Having only one pin really cleans up the sight house and makes it easy to zero in on the target. It will take some getting used to so I would do it as soon as possible if you decide to make a change.

I have an HHA and am very happy with it. I prefer a single pin as that's what I grew up shooting. Course back then, it was sighted in at 20yds and everything else was KY windage...

I have an HHA and am very happy with it. I prefer a single pin as that's what I grew up shooting. Course back then, it was sighted in at 20yds and everything else was KY windage...

I grew up shooting the same way, although I swapped my single slider (OL-5519) for a fixed 5, (next is a multi slider)...but back to the OP, I would say the 3019 would be a good one for not breaking the bank, although you can get an extra foot of Fiber Optic for a few bucks more with the 5019. I think you would be good either way, I think the single pin slider is awesome for lower poundage rigs based on how you can remove the issue of shooting the gap that is needed with those odd yardages with fixed pin sights

The HHAs are great. This was my first year hunting with one and I loved it. I think I read somewhere that they have compensation tapes that will be accurate for bows shooting down to ~245 fps, so I would check the speed of your girlfriend's bow (also check the accuracy of my statement). I think you'll probably be ok.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll have to recalculate her speed or shoot it through a chrono and then check it out. I think somewhere it said there were specific low poundage tapes but I'll have to check it out. Worst comes to worst I can print one using one of the archery programs.

I don't think the poundage has much to do with slider vs multipin. I have always shot an HHA until the new setup I went with a Black Gold mutli/slider. We will see how it works...

Thanks for the help guys. I'll have to recalculate her speed or shoot it through a chrono and then check it out. I think somewhere it said there were specific low poundage tapes but I'll have to check it out. Worst comes to worst I can print one using one of the archery programs.
I'd buy a blank tape and a sharpie. No chrono needed.

I'd buy a blank tape and a sharpie. No chrono needed.

This is probably the easiest way to do it. Unless your GF's bow is shooting below something absurd, you should be able to mark off a good 40-50 yard range by doing it yourself.

I'm going to go with the sharpie route we are still in hunting season so won't be able to get to this until later but I will update the thread when we do it for those who are interested. Happy Hunting good luck with the remainder of your seasons!

I put a Trophy ridge drive sight on my the bow my wife shoots (Mission Craze), with her draw weight around (40 pounds) I'm going to give her marks at 15, 20, 25 and 30 yards. I don't think she has enough momentum in her arrows to effectively harvest a deer past 30 yards.

I put a Trophy ridge drive sight on my the bow my wife shoots (Mission Craze), with her draw weight around (40 pounds) I'm going to give her marks at 15, 20, 25 and 30 yards. I don't think she has enough momentum in her arrows to effectively harvest a deer past 30 yards.

Thanks Broth82 we got the HHA sight but haven't really had time to get out to shoot it. She doesn't plan on shooting game past 30 just wants to be able to shoot practice and 3D at 40 -50. She does already but guesstimates using pin gaps with her current sight

I went with a single pin sight a few years ago and have never looked back. As stated earlier it really cleaned up the the sight house.

Let us know how she likes it, your post has got me thinkin about getting one for my Gf in the same boat (26"/44lb draw)

Been super busy but finally got a chance to mount the new sight on and test it out. We went with the mark your own tape route and it worked great out out 40 yards still has good clearance. She also loves the single pin because she says she prefers the sight picture to here old multi pin fixed sight. As far as I can tell this has been a great purchase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back