Review SA Sports Dragon Eyez range finder.

std7mag

MTMuley asked me to do a review on this, and I was happy to oblige.

I got mine from Amazon (really haven't seen them much of any where else) as on open box special for $173. New were running $229, 2 years ago.
It would seem that they may have updated them some, as the new one's are listed as 7.26 (what ever that is) and are now $156.

It does have a 7 power eye piece. Comes with case, clothe, lanyard.
One of the things I remember when looking at the reviews was that people were complaining about short battery life. I have not had that issue. I've had mine 2 years almost, and have put 2 sets of AAA batteries in since new. Not because they were dead, I just decided to change them as I didn't want a failure in the field.

You are not able to mount this to a tripod. And holding it steady when ranging out past 1000 yards is a practice in patience. And there is no incline software. Not a problem for me as I use my Strelok for that.

They claim 600 yards for deer and such, max on reflective target 1500 yards. Picking up deer 600-800 yards is childs play. I have ranged my truck to 1200 yards, and one day was lucky enough to have a deer silhouetted on a hill at 1160 yards. I was watching deer through spotting scope, and laid rangefinder over roof of my truck.

Would I recommend this, and or buy it again?

Heck yes!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back