MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Girl shoots elk thinking it was a deer

I read she is already being “bullied”. I know that word is often overused these days, but I have no doubt it is applicable for her. Damn shame.

Damn shame indeed. There are too many internet tough guys and gals that have something to prove by degrading a 14 year old that made a mistake. No doubt it was a big mistake but there's no need to rake her over the coals like they have.

Well, that’s makes it better.

Actually, it does make it better. If this would have been a grip and grin with the father/daughter, it would have implied they were excited and wanted to preserve this event as something to look back on. If you want to start hammering on MO law enforcement for encouraging illegal activity by taking a picture of the animal, it might be worth a new thread.

How many more years are you going to ride somebody else's dead elk in your avatar?

Probably as long as you keep making a jackass of yourself on this website! PS: Get over it, as I'm beginning to think you're a stalker and I'm the stalkee if there is such a word, LOL!

Innocent mistake for the young lady. She shouldn’t have been allowed to keep the elk, though.

While it is unfortunate these things happen. She got really excited. Most if not all of us have experienced "ground shrinkage" a few times in our life for the same reason. Few years ago in Louisiana a hunter mistakenly shot a sow and cub black bear thinking it was a sow and piglet. The area he was hunting is FULL of pigs and at the time very few bears. Can't knock the guy for that, and he did the right thing. He immediately called it in, but was still issued fines and has since done education work on the subject. While I wouldn't want to see her get penalized with fines it think it would be good to have her do community service in the form of hunters education.

In hind site for them, they should not have taken a photo with it and definitely should not have let it get to Facebook. This article on the elk states that it is being tested to see where it came from. Other articles have I've seen said that no high fences have acknowledged that any elk have escaped the area. In most states, shooting animals that escaped from a fence is encouraged. For the girl's peace of mind I hope that is where this one came from.

https://www.outdoorhub.com/how-to/2...oure-immune-to-wildlife-violations-read-this/

http://www.kmov.com/story/36840973/14-year-old-missouri-girl-shoots-elk-200-miles-from-herd

Back