Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2017 Idaho Bull

Am I the only guy who read the part about 20 bulls and passed out. Was this a limited entry unit? Hunted Idaho myself this year and I would have stroked out just to see 20 bulls. Let a lone shoot one like that! Nice job!!!

Am I the only guy who read the part about 20 bulls and passed out. Was this a limited entry unit? Hunted Idaho myself this year and I would have stroked out just to see 20 bulls. Let a lone shoot one like that! Nice job!!!

Yeah this was definitely a limited entry hunt. It was also in November, so the bulls are already starting to group up a little with a decent amount of snow in the high country. It was pretty awesome being able to take my pick out of the group! Glad to say I came out with the biggest of the bunch!

Nice. What bullet and bullet wt did you use? How do you think the bullet performed? I’ve killed a bighorn sheep and three mule deer with my 6.5 creedmoor and the 143 grain eldx just hammers them. Lots of entrance trauma but still plenty of bullet on the other side. Been wanting to see how that bullet does elk, esp past 350-400+ yards.

Nice. What bullet and bullet wt did you use? How do you think the bullet performed? I’ve killed a bighorn sheep and three mule deer with my 6.5 creedmoor and the 143 grain eldx just hammers them. Lots of entrance trauma but still plenty of bullet on the other side. Been wanting to see how that bullet does elk, esp past 350-400+ yards.

I was shooting the 143 grain eldx as well. I was surprised that the bullet hadn't mushroomed as much as I was expecting, but I had one bullet past through, and one stay in him. There was definitely a good entrance wound though. Overall I was very impressed with it.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I've got the Vortex Copperhead 4-12X44 on it. Yeah I would have taken a closer shot, but they were about ready to run out of the country already at 600 yards.

Congrats
Great shooting
How do you like that Copperhead scope ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back