Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nevada Draw Question

NYSKIER

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help on the Nevada draw. I understand that it's an actually lottery system and that the advantage to having more points is you get more numbers which gives you a potential better chance of getting picked. My question is on the application if there is a unit with more favorable draw odds that I would like to hunt would I be better off putting that as my first choice or would it be better to choose a harder to draw area first and the one with higher odds second?

Thanks in advance hope everyones seasons are going well!

When your name gets drawn they go down your preferences in order 12345. Nv puts out good statistics during draw time about draw odds, success rate, trophy quality. I dont remember if its on the ndow website or huntnv.

But to answer your question, i put the harder units first then easier.

Area 6 just about completely burnt up this year.

Historic odds are no guarantee of the next draw's odds so is better to put the 5 choices in the order you would want to hunt with the most desirable as your first choice.

Ok good to know glad everyone one here is always so hopeful that will help me big time for my application

Go to the NDOW website. Under hunting and top ten resources.

Look at the bonus point data. It tells you who drew with that many points, but not on which choice it was. It also shows how many people did not draw with that hunt for their first choice.

Having more points does not guarantee anything. You get one number in the draw. Your points are squared and you get one number for the current year. 5 points means you get 26 numbers from 1 to 99 million. The lowest number is where you are in the draw order. Then they go from first to last choice before moving on to the next person. The more points means you get more chances at getting a low draw number.

Hope that helps.

Go to the NDOW website. Under hunting and top ten resources.

Look at the bonus point data. It tells you who drew with that many points, but not on which choice it was. It also shows how many people did not draw with that hunt for their first choice.

Having more points does not guarantee anything. You get one number in the draw. Your points are squared and you get one number for the current year. 5 points means you get 26 numbers from 1 to 99 million. The lowest number is where you are in the draw order. Then they go from first to last choice before moving on to the next person. The more points means you get more chances at getting a low draw number.

Hope that helps.

That's a very accurate way to explain it to someone unfamiliar to our system.

Thanks for all the help guys got a copy of the Nevada guide book and have been looking through it trying to figure out my choices for the draw. I think I'm looking to do one with crazy odds and then the rest with decent odds because I was love to go on real early season muley hunt

Back