Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

2018 Arizona Spring Javelina

It was hot, dry. and the moon was as bright as the sun. The good weather brought out more hunters then years past, our opening day spot had 11 archers. Usually we are lucky to see 2. It was still an very fun hunt. I always love to get out and hunt with good friends and family. For me that is the best experience. No pig for me, our party did manage 1, my son-in-laws sister harvested her first ever animal. Great times. We did have our opportunities but they didn't quite work out. I nock 2 arrows/none in the air.

My dad and I both had javelina and deer tags. We only had 4 days to hunt but were able to fill our tags on the first morning. I was sneaking on a group when they all bedded down in a little wash. I didn't feel like I could get on them where they were laying so I decided to try to call them in and it worked perfect. They came in on a string and I ended up shooting mine at 10 yards. Then while they were distracted with me my dad was able to sneak in from behind and get another one. It was quite the rush seeing them running at me, I had to yell at one to stop it from running over me.

I have more fun calling them in and having them run all around ya than I do shooting them. Fun stuff and I only have to go 20 minutes from Home. When I lived in Cave Creek just north of here we had a herd living in amongst the few houses. Have pics of them on my front patio eating my pumpkins......BOB!

I've been chasing them around for the last week. Enjoying the nice weather. I haven't taken a shot, just enjoying seeing New country

I would be interested in calling them also. haven't seen or heard it done. I have heard using a distress predator call.

Back