PEAX Equipment

Planning my first pronghorn hunt

Swampfox

So let me start by saying I'm from Florida. I've been hunting in FL my whole life. I've been to Colorado and Wyoming several times each but I've never had the opportunity to hunt out west. While elk hunting is at the top of my bucket list, I've decided for a number of reasons, that pronghorn might be a good start for someone who will most likely be hunting solo. I honestly don't even know what state I want to look into. I'm kind of leaning toward Montana or New Mexico. Of course this would be a DIY public land hunt. Any advice on where a Florida boy should start planning?

Wyoming! Doe tags are something like 50 bucks and readily available for the most part in the draw. I live in CO and haven't hunted pronghorn as a resident in 3 years, but have hunted WY 2 of the last 3 years as a NR. There are a few units in WY that you can draw a buck tag every year as a NR as well. I don't know much about Montana or New Mexico, but I would certainly apply in New Mexico as they don't have a point system (I believe), so you have the potential to draw a good tag every year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back