PEAX Equipment

When Take Your Buddy Fishing and...

Big Sky

Saturday was pretty good fishing. Not great, but not bad either. We had to work a lot harder for each fish and lost some pretty sizey fish, but that all part of it. Man, I sure wish I was down on the river fishing today instead of being stuck in this classroom. I need to take a day off!!!

Here is a tanker rainbow.
attachment.php

Then I got this skinney but really pretty brown that most fisherman would be more than happy to catch.
attachment.php

Right after catching the brown in the photo above my fishing partner for the day upstages me with this brown. For the area it's a very good fish. Mike is over 6 foot and right around 300 pounds. So if the fish still looks good next to him, it is a very good fish!
attachment.php

Last edited:
I cannot fathom catching something like that. Hope your buddy gave you a rough time. After so much success, you need a little humility. He was probably a perfect gentleman.

All very good fish!!!!
We are SOOOOO blessed to live where we have opportunities like that,
and its public and free.
Great job as always

Coyotes-R-Us, I couldn't have said it better myself. I never take for granted what we have here. I've lived in places that had far less opportunity. So every day I live in Montana I consider a gift.

I don't know about the rest of y'all but this stinking time change is really messing with my after work time to fish and hunt. Not a fan of daylight savings time!

Beautiful fish! You sure are a good friend putting a buddy on a fish like that.

I don't know about the rest of y'all but this stinking time change is really messing with my after work time to fish and hunt. Not a fan of daylight savings time!

Cry me a river pal :). A REAL fisherman would be using a fly rod dontcha know?

Very nice fish, the browns never appear to have any red spots, that bottom fish looks like a sea run brown trout like we have in the UK.
Cheers
Richard

I actually do find it pretty funny how often you crush big fish with jigs on a river overrun with sanctimonious purists.

I actually do find it pretty funny how often you crush big fish with jigs on a river overrun with sanctimonious purists.

I find a lot of satisfaction in doing so. ;) One nice thing about this particular spot is that it is just about impossible to fly fish. It's nice to have a place on the river that the drift boats can't reach. I have a few other places on the river I regularly catch fish, but some days you can almost literally walk across the river on the drift boats.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back