Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

^^^^^ and now its stuck in my head!

Looks really good. WagonMaster ready
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a new ending.

Started with a 12.5 lbs whole brisket and separated the point and flat giving me around a 8lbs flat and 4.5 lbs point. This was the first time I've done it this way and was a huge fan, I will smoke my briskets like this from now on.

Let the dry rub set in for a few hrs before firing up the smoker at around 9 PM, my cook time was still for a 12lb brisket so I was planning 17 hrs or so finishing around 5 or so the next evening. After a good 4.5 hrs of oak and mesquite smoke I wrapped the cuts in foil with about 1/4 beef broth each. Woke up every 1hr 45min to keep the fire going. Checked the temps for the first time at 8am and the point was already at 190 the flat at 175. I moved the point further from the heat and pulled both at 845 and wrapped in a towel and put in my oven to rest for a couple hrs. Around 11.5 hrs total smoke time. Sliced the flat and chopped the point. I am very happy with how these turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by wytex View Post
    Ribs and salmon. Oak and pecan wood mix for smoke and Hi Mountain brown sugar cure for the salmon.

Attachment 82275Attachment 82276
    That salmon looks fantastic
    Missouri meat Hunter, shooting tomorrow's trophies today!

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSage View Post
    Started with a 12.5 lbs whole brisket and separated the point and flat giving me around a 8lbs flat and 4.5 lbs point. This was the first time I've done it this way and was a huge fan, I will smoke my briskets like this from now on.

Let the dry rub set in for a few hrs before firing up the smoker at around 9 PM, my cook time was still for a 12lb brisket so I was planning 17 hrs or so finishing around 5 or so the next evening. After a good 4.5 hrs of oak and mesquite smoke I wrapped the cuts in foil with about 1/4 beef broth each. Woke up every 1hr 45min to keep the fire going. Checked the temps for the first time at 8am and the point was already at 190 the flat at 175. I moved the point further from the heat and pulled both at 845 and wrapped in a towel and put in my oven to rest for a couple hrs. Around 11.5 hrs total smoke time. Sliced the flat and chopped the point. I am very happy with how these turned out.

It never happend if there is no picture. seriously dont be talking amazing brisket and not showing a pic! Not nice. LOL
    >>>---------------->
    Hostess Donettes pro staff

5. Default

Elk meatloaf wrapped in caul fat and charcoal grilled. Also elk roast wrapped in caul fat. Wish I had tried this sooner. It was delicious. I think the caul goes better on ground meat to help retain moisture. The meatloaf was very juicy even though I took it to well done.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

[QUOTEIt never happend if there is no picture. seriously dont be talking amazing brisket and not showing a pic! Not nice. LOL[/QUOTE]
    I thought I did lol, i can see them on The post, added the bb code or whatever to the end of the post. Let me try again

https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...4&d=1540752884
    https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...9&d=1540751574
    https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...0&d=1540751742
    https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...1&d=1540752428
    https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...2&d=1540752581
    https://onyourownadventures.com/hunt...3&d=1540752752

going to do some salmon this weekend. Anyone have a good brine or cure i should try?

8. Default

Hot Thighs..I Marinated boneless chicken thighs overnight in Franks Hot Sauce.Puttin'em on in 1hr.

Pork Shoulder Picnic in the Bradley on Saturday for 4 hours. Then finished on the propane grill. Stalled at 156 for forever. Took it to 190.

Grilling some Antelope nuggets (I cut some prime steak cuts into small cubes and cook them on kabob sticks so everyone can have a try) for the office Halloween party today.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  58.4 KBSmoked some salmon, pork tenderloin, and bacon wrapped sirloin

12. Default

!1-1/2" thick eye of round steak,side of mashed taters and peas.

Its smoking. Does that count?
    I'm turning off Real Life Drive and thats right I'm hittin Easy Street on mud tires

Yesterday we used two pork shoulders and equal parts of elk and moose to make 34 lbs. of elk knapwurst, elk jalapeno summer sausage and moose beer salami. The stuffed rolls are in mahogany casings, and the beer salami uses Lefthand Nitro milk stout for flavor. Today I smoked the summer sausage and salami.

All in preparation for Thanksgiving gifts and a Moose Fest Party next summer!

Name:  Moose-salami-&-elk-summer-s.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  Smokin'-salami-&-summer-sau.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  67.5 KB
    So far, so good.

Default Not Today...but soon

Oak with a mix of mesquite logs on the big smoker...

16. Default

Hummer that looks great!,no hunts this year so sausage has to be purchased.OTC coming in Jan.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456