What's on the smoker today?

Hummer that looks great!,no hunts this year so sausage has to be purchased.OTC coming in Jan.:cool:

Noharleyyet, how do you do up your wild pigs vs domestic? I'm going to be in TX for a few days over the holidays and was hoping I can bring a couple back with me.

Noharleyyet, how do you do up your wild pigs vs domestic? I'm going to be in TX for a few days over the holidays and was hoping I can bring a couple back with me.

We skin em right away and chill for a couple of days. Usually take the hinds, shoulders, straps, and tenders...keep on ice with the drain open. Sometimes I'll take em to the processor & have em split & smoke both sides. My son is a stickler for cleanliness while we dress em....he swears that's the key and I believe him.

Smoked a couple of trout we caught last month. They were about 2lbs each so I cut them in half for better brining and smoke flavor. They are deliciuous.
I'm thinking about substituting them in a smoked salmon dip recipe.

DSCN0893.jpg

46 lbs jerky, 5 flavors, 5 loads in the smoker at 7-8 hrs each, it was a long weekend
Vv67Nar.jpg

100+ packages
1HWuepe.jpg

Smoked lake trout
IEIdUlX.jpg

Cold smoked hard boiled eggs
s1cAMKS.jpg

I smoked 5 lbs worth of venison snack sticks Christmas day. They didn't turn out too bad for my first time.

46 lbs jerky, 5 flavors, 5 loads in the smoker at 7-8 hrs each, it was a long weekend
Vv67Nar.jpg

100+ packages
1HWuepe.jpg

Smoked lake trout
IEIdUlX.jpg

Cold smoked hard boiled eggs
s1cAMKS.jpg

I have never heard of smoked eggs. I have a good friend with chickens and a new smoker that will hear about this. He does have a cold smoke box but this time of the year any smoker is a cold smoker around here.
How long on the eggs?

We'll be putting 25 lbs of mule deer summer sausage on the smoker tomorrow, making and stuffing it today.

I have never heard of smoked eggs. I have a good friend with chickens and a new smoker that will hear about this. He does have a cold smoke box but this time of the year any smoker is a cold smoker around here.
How long on the eggs?

I've only done it once but will be doing again. They were slightly "rubbery" (but great tasting) when eating plain but really shine when using in any recipe that calls for HBE such as egg salad sandwich.

Lightly salted prior to smoking.
Smoked (pecan pellets) for 3 hrs but but would decrease that to 90-120 min or so to lessen the outer rubbery texture.
I use a tube smoker stuffed with whatever pellet flavor I am using and I use the tube for hot and cold smoking.

IfMgK1j.jpg

https://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMNTS

Apparently it is possible to place whole raw eggs into a smoker and hot smoke them to get a hard boiled like egg. Only attempted this once and it was a fail but would like to try again changing a couple things.

Smoked a back-strap from last weekends doe, yesterday. Back-strap stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. Was amazing.
image.jpeg

75 miles west wytex...Wichita Falls

Yes sir FAIRCHASE, the tube is exactly what I needed...thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back