Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Proposed CO shed collecting license and season

Are you referring to CPW or the shed hunters? Both fall in the category of stopping at nothing to make a buck it seems.

http://www.westernconfluence.org/the-bone-people/

not sure if youre saying guys pick up sheds just to make money or not. there are guys that do. many shed hunters shed hunt because they love sheds. i know plenty of people who dont sell. picking up sheds is no different than picking up rocks or sticks or mushrooms ect. How can you make people pay for that??? RETARDED

Since CPW already operates in the black, why do they need to get creative?

I don't want to derail the thread but CPW Revenue is static to falling and costs are rising with known additional future costs coming up in near-term forecasts. Thus, a need to increase revenue (the majority of which comes from licenses, fees and permits).

I don't want to derail the thread but CPW Revenue is static to falling and costs are rising with known additional future costs coming up in near-term forecasts. Thus, a need to increase revenue (the majority of which comes from licenses, fees and permits).

Right, so increase resident license fees and don't make up new licenses, problem solved.

Looks to me like Oak needs to get rid of that pile of junk on the right side of the garage so he has room for those antlers.

Antlers are a resource, make people pay for them same as any other resource. $40 is pretty cheap entertainment.

Where do you get those numbers from? Link?

CPW has the right to manage wildlife as they see fit, correct? Once a horn leaves the animal it is no longer part of wildlife, correct? I know some places you must have a permit to collect rocks and firewood. I may be overthinking this, but to me once a horn leaves the animal it is essentially just a twig on the ground (sorry Oak, probably sound like your wife). Seems to me the permit should have to be required from the entity that manages the ground (NF, BLM, etc.). I assume there must be something in State Code that states CPW can manage picking up lifeless items?? I can understand the ability of CPW to enforce a closure for the benefit of protecting the winter ranges from human pressure.

PS

I thought I read somewhere that Colorado was one of the few western states in the black?

CPW has the right to manage wildlife as they see fit, correct? Once a horn leaves the animal it is no longer part of wildlife, correct? I know some places you must have a permit to collect rocks and firewood. I may be overthinking this, but to me once a horn leaves the animal it is essentially just a twig on the ground (sorry Oak, probably sound like your wife). Seems to me the permit should have to be required from the entity that manages the ground (NF, BLM, etc.). I assume there must be something in State Code that states CPW can manage picking up lifeless items?? I can understand the ability of CPW to enforce a closure for the benefit of protecting the winter ranges from human pressure.

PS

I thought I read somewhere that Colorado was one of the few western states in the black?

CPW-Parks and Wildlife, dilemma solved. Good Lord man, don't suggest that solution. That's all we need....
Unless I'm looking at the numbers wrong, they are in the black.

FWIW, from the Colorado Revised Statutes (emphasis mine):

(2) All wildlife within this state not lawfully acquired and held by private ownership is declared to be the property of this state. Right, title, interest, acquisition, transfer, sale, importation, exportation, release, donation, or possession of wildlife is permitted only as provided in articles 1 to 6 of this title or in any rule of the parks and wildlife commission.
And:
(51) "Wildlife" means wild vertebrates, mollusks, and crustaceans, whether alive or dead, including any part, product, egg, or offspring thereof, that exist as a species in a natural wild state in their place of origin, presently or historically, except those species determined to be domestic animals by rule or regulation by the commission and the state agricultural commission. Such determination within this statute shall not affect other statutes or court decisions determining injury to persons or damage to property which depend on the classification of animals by such statute or court decision as wild or domestic animals.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back