Caribou Gear Tarp

Iowa Limit

maxx

Considering I shot my deer last Thursday and this technically in the same week time span it is one of the better hunting weeks I have had in a long time.

Duck hunting in Iowa around here generally sucks. There isn't a lot to hold birds around. When the birds are a round though they aren't that hard to kill because they just don't have many places to be. I hunted a small public pond about 15 minutes from my house. It is an easy hunt and I can be into the office by 8:30 or 9:00.

I was done by 7:00 today. The first two landed, I swatted the first (Dog hadn't had a retrieve yet this year) and got the second one taking off. The next came in a group of 8, 3 committed and I got on them right as they were landing pretty easy shooting, got the first, missed the second shot and got the third.

Heading out tomorrow morning with the boat on one of my go to spots. The wind should set up well we should shoot some birds as long as no one else is around.

iDlfxqW.jpg

Nicely done! Hank dog and I are headed to IA in 2hrs. Will be focused on pheasants but bought the migratory bird license as well in case we come across a duck.

Nicely done! Hank dog and I are headed to IA in 2hrs. Will be focused on pheasants but bought the migratory bird license as well in case we come across a duck.

Let me know the general area you are going I may or may not be able to help. Like I said duck hunting here in general is terrible but this weekend should be good. We have had some decent NW winds and it has been pretty gold in MN. I am going to hit it hard the next three days.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back