Fun Times in ND

MThunter10

I just moved to ND 3 days prior, but we had this trip planned for over 6 months and I wasn't going to miss it this year. I met up with my dad, his friend, 2 brothers, and a childhood friend last Thursday. We scouted a great field that night and hoped the birds would stick to their instincts. We were greeted by low visibility and a little snow Friday morning, to say the conditions were perfect for duck hunting would be an understatement. With some poor shooting (it was a first time field hunt for 2 of us), we limited out by 11:00. We some tons of migrating ducks come in, and some awesome tornadoes. We moved a few hundred yards for Friday, but mother nature got us with heavier snow and we struggled to keep the decoys clear, only 12 that morning, but we had the opportunity to pass shoot at some snows! This was my first time witnessing this kind of migration activity and it was unbelievable! We set up for a night hunt with the winds switching to a strong NW wind but only show 2 snows. With the cold front already moved in, almost all of the ponds were now frozen, so we had mixed expectation for the third and final morning. We had 1 drake come in right at shooting light (I could have reached out and grabbed this guy as he almost landed on my blind!) and it slowed down after that. As more time passed though, we had ducks decoy really well and ended up shooting 18. All in all, we show 60 ducks, with 6 guys with memories I'll never forget with my brothers, dad, and friends. Can't wait for next year!

1st day set up.jpg1st day ducks.jpg3rd day ducks.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back