Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

vortex vs meopta vs swaro

wyoboypt

tested the 3 together. spotting scopes. reading signage at long distance. we didnt have a range finder so i dont know the distance. the vortex dropped out first. the meopta and swaro were neck and neck. So somebody tell me how vortex is as good as either of the other 2????

Which Vortex? The Razors I've looked through were impressive. Swaros always seem to impress. I still keep running my Leupold Gold Ring, happy with it's performance and that it was paid for long ago.

I don't think most people will say Vortex is as good as Swarovski. They're not in the same league. Vortex are good for the price but as the saying goes you get what you pay for. I own Swarovski binos and rifle scopes as well as a Vortex spotting scope. I went lower in on the spotter because I don't use it often and didn't need premium glass sitting in the closet so vortex was good enough in that case.

Why wouldn’t you just buy the one you like? Your budget seems to cover all the bases. Buy what works for you and have fun using them.

I had a cabelas euro hd spotting scope which is the Meopta s2 scope and it was the best scope I've ever looked through. It's only downfall is that it is a boat anchor. I replaced it with a Swarovski 20-60x65. If I could justify two spotting scopes I'd still and te meopta for the pickup

The vortex is not anywhere near the swaro and meopta. If you're willing to carry it, the Meopta S2 is definitely worth it for the price. I've used the swaro 65 and meopta 82 side by side for many hours in all sorts of lighting, and they were pretty much the same to my eye. If ounces matter, you'll need to decide if the extra $'s are worth it to get the swaro.

Another scope to look into would be the Kowa TSN 773 with the wide angle lens. I like it more than the swaro 65, and it's not much heavier.

Back