Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

gloves

Dakota79

I'm looking for opinions on what is the best pair of gloves you folks have found. This is not necessarily for hunting but for a rancher that has trouble keeping his hands warm. What says you?

Not the greatest option for needing to do a lot of things with your hands while wearing but a great option to keep your hands warm are the kuiu super down mitts while wearing a thin liner glove. Keeps the hands pretty warm. On the super cold days throw a hand warmer in each mitt and get the hands nice and toasty. Works awesome when sitting in the deer stand, I just slip off the mitt on my release hand when a deer gets close. But like I said,if you need to do a lot of stuff with your hands this is not going to be a very good option.

I really like wells lamont gloves, I can hunt, ski, and work in these down to about 15 degrees then I switch over to mittens. I have tried tons of other brands but I like a tight glove that doesn't hinder my dexterity, I find that the vast majority of insulated work gloves give you mickey mouse hands which drives me crazy.

Keep in mind hands are just like feet when they get damp they get cold. Some times to much insulation is just as bad as no insulation.

My wife has Reynaud's Disease, which means her hands turn white and cold (cue White Walker reference) in the winter. Her Gerbing electric gloves (The fleece ones at the link for $225) are awesome and have lasted 3 years now on the same set of batteries.

I use Mechanix ,Forester's, fleece lined elk skin gloves,goretex/thinsulate cordura hunt & snowmobile gloves, sometimes fleece inside chopper mitts,sometimes wool inside them...my fingers get cold,long arms....LOL
Trying to find gloves large enough that fit is tough.
Quality work ones are hard to find. I can go thru leather work gloves in an afternoon.

Chopper mitts, all day, every day.

[video=youtube_share;SORN9X9W2_M]https://youtu.be/SORN9X9W2_M[/video]

Dachstein 4 layer wool mittens inside those choppers. The $65 I paid for these mittens was money well spent.
That being said - most real old ranchers I know would no sooner spend $65 on a pair of mitts (only available on the internet) than they would stop by a Starbucks for a $4.50 latte........

I gotta see if they make XXL as I have some great new Foxx River wool mittens,but they won't fit in my XL Choppers easy. But my hands will be warm.

Last edited:

Just received ours and were so impressed we ordered two more pairs in smaller sizes for us and another 2 pairs as Xmas gifts for friends. Can't believe the price! For once, we don't have to sell our non-existent first born to buy gear.

Can't trust any of Randy's cold weather suggestions, he just doesn't get cold. I think he even mentions if in a couple of his videos. I tried his chopper system and thought I'd loose my hands to frostbite! If you have a real problem with cold hands, electric is the only way to go.

My hands always get cold, so this year I ponied up and bought some of the First Lite Grizzly mittens when they were on sale. They are awesome, my hands will be warm going forward...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back