Caribou Gear Tarp

Displaying European mount?

Swimmer

Had my October antelope professionally done as an European mount - very happy with it. Now I don't know if I want to display it on the wall - "hooked" or on wood; or displayed on a table on wood. Hmmm. I know it's an individual choice, but would like to hear from you guys on what you did with your European mount. Thanks.

The wood plaque is a nice touch, no doubt. The downside is that it displays your antelope buck in a nose-down position that appears to rob the mount of some of its length. The hook will display the head in a more natural position where the buck’s length will be more evident. But, of course, the hook doesn’t look nearly as nice as a pretty piece of wood. So... there’s the trade-off you need to weigh. Good luck. It’ll be nice either way

E5480BDE-C9EF-49A0-83DC-3F919F92E38D.jpg
Not an antelope or a great picture but the wall pedistal like on the whitetail in the picture is my favorite, I always thought a goat would look good.

Pronghorn have to be on some sort of pedestal ( I like the wall pedestals ) to look right, in my opinion. Since their horns a nearly 90 degreed from plane, if they are mounted flat like a traditional euro, they look silly. I do mine with a ~45 degree pedestal and mount above eye level.

Not the best photo, but give you an idea of how I do it. I will say, I think a slightly larger background plaque would have been better.

uc

1108171745.jpg

I have some that i have attached to wood I've picked up in the field. This years elk is going on an old juniper fencepost i found.

I make these wood mounts for them. I like changing the colors up and just having something a little different. Used New Mexico flag colors for my Gila Bull.
FB_IMG_1482016209854.jpg

like was commented earlier i like that you left the bottom jaw ..i did not and now regret . also congrats on a nice pronghorn

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back