MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Rifle Question

Safety Pup says no. Guns in the house. Ammo in the garage. My son is 13 and I remember what it is like to be 13.

The 7x57 AI & 30-06 are in that condition. But they're in rotation for the season. Otherwise it's just the M&P 40 next to the bed that's ready to rock & roll. Everything else is in the safe.

My rifles are all unloaded,but I have quick access to the loaded magazine should the need arise.With all the crazy liberal shooters running loose in America,I'm about to keep one behind my truck seat.Never know when Antifa season may open up

I only keep two guns loaded. A pistol in the bedroom, and a revolver in the basement/living room. All of them are locked up as well, even though I don't have any children, you never know who is going to visit.

I used to rotate magazines(loaded vs. unloaded) to keep the springs from wearing out, but I've since read that's not really necessary.

No. no reason to be loaded if "stored" I only have a couple hand guns in the house with rounds, and an AR15 in my shop in case those damn pit bulls down the road wander around again.

Why would you store them with loaded mags? Like someone else said, I unload everything the moment the hunt is done. My kids are 11, 9, and 7 and they all know how to chamber a round. We've had a lot of talks about gun safety and not to touch guns unless I or their momma is right there, but I also anticipate that kids will be kids - I don't watch them constantly and they might go exploring.

That said, I keep a .45 and a 9mil loaded and locked in a safe that the kids do not know the combination to. That is for killing bad guys in the middle of the night if one is dumb enough to break into a private residence in rural Montana.

Nope, no reason for that! All my rifles, shotguns, and all but one handgun are unloaded and uncocked so there is no tension on the spring to cause problems in the future. They are all stored in two safes and can be accessed with just a few blips of the numbers on the digital locks.

noharley.

I am curious as of the point of your question.

I do not see you keeping rifles loaded.

I know you have a point, I want to know your point. And, you have not been forthcoming. Why?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back