String Recommendation?

MxWHunt

Hey all,

Looking to completely revamp my Hoyt and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for some new strings? Thanks!

http://www.twistedxbowstrings.com

He is willing to take the time and discuss any and all of your concerns regarding your new string purchase. You can also use the string buillder option on the site to see what your string will look like before you buy it. I put them on my hoyt prior to hunting season and still look great!

I have always shot Winner's Choice, and have never had problems with them, and you can do custom colors there too.

I've used Winner's Choice, and Korbin's Custom Strings. Both seemed to be pretty good quality. Heard lots of good stuff about 60x and Vapor Trail as well. I'll probably buy a 60x set this winter.

I've been shooting Winner's Choice and am finally going to have to replace them this off season after 4 years of hard hunting/shooting. I didn't have to adjust my peep or dloop because of stretching until this year. Good strings.

I haven't gone wrong with the VaporTrail VTX so far. They're durable with minimal (if any) stretch or fray over thousands of shots. Although I've heard just as good reviews on Winner's Choice and 60x so it might be worth looking for the best bargain among the top contenders.

Cant tell you what works but I know my Mathews Z7X dropped speed significantly with a vapor trail string and it will be the last one I will ever buy. I cant remember exact numbers but for sure it was shooting 310 rigged up and with new Vapors it went down to 270 ish. I want to say 268 but its been a while. Given the 310 was chronographed when the bow was new and the string got replaced after 3 years so could have slown down some in between for sure but not that much. I didn't do a before and after on the two strings so I cant tell exactly what it lost just by way of strings. I am going back to factory recommended strings this year.

Also these damn Vapor trials are impossible to clock my peep. I finally gave up and put on one with the rubber tube which I hate hate hate.

I put winners choice on my Hoyt last year. The serving on the cables started to unravel, which required some maintenance. I am probably going with a cheaper option of buying Lancaster Archery's strings and cables in the future considering they are all made from the same/similar material. I think we are at a point where marketing has influenced what we buy.

I've had Winners Choice on my Bear Motive 6 for a year now. Much, much, much better than the stock string that Bear shipped it with. No real peep issues or stretch. Tune has stayed solid for a year so far. I've been happy with them. Some wear on the servings, but expected after shooting for a year. I shoot the bow frequently for work stress relief.

I own Arrowhead Archery in Nampa Idaho and I build phenomenal strings! I have accounts with big box stores and other pro shops around the country. a quick google search will show my reviews and how pleased my customers are with my string sets. If you have something figured out already great! I just thought I would let you know what I can offer. PM if you'd like and id be happy to tell you more!

I build my own... There are a a lot of good ones posted here and don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

I use strings from Mike carter from carters archery in st joseph missouri. He goes by crackers on archerytalk. He has never done me wrong. He makes them in whatever colors you want and pre stretches them. They are good people!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back