newfoundland moose

PAGOAT

I want to book a hunt this year for the 2019 season. Who do I go with ? I would like to hear what others have to say on trips they took. I'll be driving up from PA and taking the ferry across.... Also would you recommend adding a bear tag to the hunt ? It will be with a rifle. Thanks everyone

curious about the same thing. dad wants elk or moose and right now he sounds leaning towards moose.

flights for me from Syracuse to one area of newfoundland are 14 hours, if I drive 5 hours to Toronto then it's 3 hours, driving the whole thing would eat some serious time so not sure which route to go.

8 of us went with ironbound outfitters this year. We all tagged out most of us on respectable moose. I posted a thread on the hunt check it out. We saw tons of animals. The biggest factor hunting Newfoundland can be days of being fogged in.
Also we saw 6-7 bears two giants. We didn't bear hunt. A few of the guys bought tags and didn't shoot a bear. We could have.

curious about the same thing. dad wants elk or moose and right now he sounds leaning towards moose.

flights for me from Syracuse to one area of newfoundland are 14 hours, if I drive 5 hours to Toronto then it's 3 hours, driving the whole thing would eat some serious time so not sure which route to go.

Drive and I can't push that in hard enough. My buddy and I flew and it was a big mistake. Drive if your bringing your animal back. Otherwise you are looking at roughly $1500 added onto your cost by just processing and shipping.

Two friends drove from the Syracuse-area this year. They were in a group of four and tagged out on moose. The two largest (8.5 year old and 5.5 year old) were taken quite a distance from camp (I think the guides said that they hadn't been that far back in ten years).

Driving was far better to get all the meat and antlers home.

Two friends drove from the Syracuse-area this year. They were in a group of four and tagged out on moose. The two largest (8.5 year old and 5.5 year old) were taken quite a distance from camp (I think the guides said that they hadn't been that far back in ten years).

Driving was far better to get all the meat and antlers home.

Our guides said the same thing this year. Mine was taken around 5 miles out. Buddies was twice that far.

Thank you everyone for the replies and PMs. We booked with Cinq Cerf outfitters, we talked with they're past hunters and everyone was happy. Last year they took 18 hunters and got 16 bulls and 2 cows. I'm really looking forward to the trip and will put a report up when we are back home.

You’ll have a wonderful trip. I’ve been there twice. The first time with 5 friends and we drove to Daniels Harbor for a flyin camp. The moose were bigger at this camp. The second time was this year with 4 friends and my son to a drive in camp south of Buchans. My son shot his bull with a bow while I ranged it for him. I could talk forever about either trip and I hope yours will be as memorable.

5,500 to 6,500 depending on outfitter plus travel.... Really not bad, our trip is both bear and moose.

We paid $4000 both times. Includes licenses, meals, lodging. No bear permits for us though. Meat processing was extra however but very reasonable. We drove and brought our meat back with us.

I picked up our 17 boxes of moose meat and capes today from two of our moose. It is a great place you will enjoy it. I've got meat running out of my ears right now and I'm loving it....

We drove and did the ferry.

My .02 is to book a fly in camp rather than drive to camp.
IMO it is a better experience.
We were 3 for 3 on moose and my uncle had a bou tag
And killed a caribou also.
I would definitely get the bear tag!
Hope you have a great trip. Newfoundland, it's people and guides
Are some of my fondest memories. They really go all out to see you
enjoy your trip. It was a great time!

OMG!!!!
I just did some web surfing,$12,000 for woodland caribou. $6900 for moose
We paid 2800 for moose my uncle 3800 for combo

I feel sooooo sorry for the next generation!

Yea pretty crazy isn't it ? That's why I booked sooner than later. I wanted to hunt Caribou also but had sticker shock haha.

OH yeah
Book your room on the ferry as soon as you can!!!!!
There are not enough rooms if the boat is full and a ride
Across without a room sucks!!!!!!!

Good advice there on booking a room on the ferry. I’ve done it both ways and without definitely sucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back