Another hello from Oregon

SadieKate

So, on the way back from an Eastern Oregon fishing trip I turn to my husband and say "do you think I could hunt a [mule] deer?" Well, I won the lottery first time out but was then invited to hunt MT whitetail on private land. Didn't take me long to decide which was the better place for a first effort. It was awesome, could only have been better if Oly and Neil had been there with me (you have to know Randy's video to get this). Anyway, I'm now researching better clothing options since, as a first timer, we did this on the cheap. Nothing like sitting in the wind for hours with temps as low as 17F. This isn't sage rat hunting! Anyway, off to the women's forum to get some clothing suggestions but thought I should introduce myself.

PS - the tenderloin was amazing.

Welcome to the forum. I'm a fan of photos, if you have any from your 1st deer, feel free to share. Also, I know the feeling of being under-dressed for a cold hunt.

Welcome to the forum. I'm a fan of photos, if you have any from your 1st deer, feel free to share. Also, I know the feeling of being under-dressed for a cold hunt.

Fortunately, I have enough winter clothing plus a few Prois deals that I managed to survive with only 4 pairs of chemical handwarmers strategically placed. :hump: I was wishing I had my waders with me for a wind protection and a bazillion base layers.

My photos tend to only be of caught and released fish - or that nice tasty tenderloin on my plate.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back