Caribou Gear

Hello all from Oregon

omeez

Hello everyone,
My name is Omar and I live in Oregon. I moved here a few years ago from a state that shan't be named and started hunting 3 seasons ago. I've been fishing for a long time but had little access to productive hunting land until I moved here (gotta love Public Lands!). I'm obviously new to the hunting aspect but have spent a good part of my life camping, hiking and fishing so the outdoors isn't new to me.

The learning curve to hunting continues to be steep for me and, despite diving in headfirst, the lessons have come hard and fast. I've done a lot in the last three years to prepare myself and my kit including reducing the weight of my pack by overall 30lbs and myself by 80lbs. One area I can likely improve is to not spread myself so thin. I've hunted all the game available in OR so far and between a job, family and getting out I likely don't focus enough on any one game species. I think this year things are finally starting to come together and have a late season archery blacktail tag as well as a black bear tag for the year. I also love duck hunting, which is the one area I've had some success in terms of killing my quarry, which isn't required but clearly helps.

I'm looking forward to contributing this community, initially, maybe less on useful information and more on hilarity. I'm looking forward to joining in the conversation.
Omar

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back