Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Question For You Guys

You can walk into a G&F office and ask 3 different employees the same question and get 3 different answers. Been there done that.

You guys are right. I always felt the warden I asked was being lenient because we were friends. To be honest I hate calling in animals. I never do it with elk. I have no bias for others doing it, but I prefer to still hunt and spot them before they see me and sneak in close. It's how my dad taught me to hunt when I was a kid and I stayed with it. I find it very satisfying.

It's a difficult way to get a bear. I have to do a lot of scouting and find natural foods. Mostly berries around here. Then i'll sneak into those areas hoping to find a bear feeding.

I have killed 2 bears and numerous other big game animals with my dog in tow and never had an issue with a warden, but I have always wondered what exactly the letter of the law is on this issue. Often the definitions of hunting are pretty broad so there is probably wiggle room for a warden to write a ticket.

Also should be noted that my canine companion is a Corgi... don't think many wardens are worried about my little buddy tracking down a bear, even though he is clearly a vicious predator and known in our family as death in the small grass.

I thought of that too. A 95lb pit bull could be considered a bear hunting dog.

Well, no matter. When I hunt he stays home. He hates that, because he's always with me when scouting, hiking, or fly fishing the mountain creeks in my surronding mountains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back