MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Question For You Guys

You can walk into a G&F office and ask 3 different employees the same question and get 3 different answers. Been there done that.

You guys are right. I always felt the warden I asked was being lenient because we were friends. To be honest I hate calling in animals. I never do it with elk. I have no bias for others doing it, but I prefer to still hunt and spot them before they see me and sneak in close. It's how my dad taught me to hunt when I was a kid and I stayed with it. I find it very satisfying.

It's a difficult way to get a bear. I have to do a lot of scouting and find natural foods. Mostly berries around here. Then i'll sneak into those areas hoping to find a bear feeding.

I have killed 2 bears and numerous other big game animals with my dog in tow and never had an issue with a warden, but I have always wondered what exactly the letter of the law is on this issue. Often the definitions of hunting are pretty broad so there is probably wiggle room for a warden to write a ticket.

Also should be noted that my canine companion is a Corgi... don't think many wardens are worried about my little buddy tracking down a bear, even though he is clearly a vicious predator and known in our family as death in the small grass.

I thought of that too. A 95lb pit bull could be considered a bear hunting dog.

Well, no matter. When I hunt he stays home. He hates that, because he's always with me when scouting, hiking, or fly fishing the mountain creeks in my surronding mountains.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back