MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Rifle sling for pack

Okesa270

It might be covered somewhere but what is the attachment on Randy's pack that makes it possible to carry the rifle under the arm? Is it built into the MR packs or something you can put on any pack? Thanks for the help.

I use a Kifaru gun bearer. Their universal model fits great on a mystery ranch pack. I heard mystery ranch came out with their own version. I’m sure it works well too, but I haven’t seen it in person.

I had to laugh...when I went o search for a link to answer this question in the forums here, I found a ton times this was asked. This might be the most asked "What does Randy use for..." question. Maybe his mittens might be first, but this is a close second.

Quake industries Claw sling. I like the more slender of the two but both are great and they flat stay put and are quiet.

Very unique (to me) way of carrying a rifle when I first saw it in Randy's videos. Over on Rokslide forum there is a group of guys making and modifying their own gear. I was inspired to make my own pack sling - It works well and I am getting used to where it rides. I still use a rifle mounted sling and carry on my shoulder depending on the terrain and how my back/shoulders feel.

For what it's worth Stone Glacier or Kifaru and others sell theirs fairly priced and can usually be adapted to what ever pack you have. (I'm rocking a blue Kelty for my "hunting" pack btw)

If I get any more shit strapped to me I'm going to look like a pack llama. Backpack, chest holster-pistol/bearspray, gun slings, bino harness...might have to get some saddlebags. Or a llama.

If I get any more shit strapped to me I'm going to look like a pack llama. Backpack, chest holster-pistol/bearspray, gun slings, bino harness...might have to get some saddlebags. Or a llama.

You mean like this?

Overloaded Pack.jpg

I used the Kifaru Gun Bearer for the first time this year. Works great! I had it on an EXO pack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back