Caribou Gear

Existing Scope Ring Height?

TexAg09

I'm upgrading my scope on my Ruger American .308. I currently have a 3-12x40 scope mounted on the gun. I really like the scope height, but not a fan of how the rings mount. The problem is that I can't remember how high my existing rings are, as I would like to replicate this height with my new set up. How can I tell how high my existing rings are? I'm sure there is some way to measure, right? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I know they are either medium height or high height rings. Anyone know a way to tell the difference?

Depending on the manufacturer ring height can be measured differently (either from the where they contact the mount to the inside radius of the ring or from the mount contact point to the center of the ring). Depending on the height the rings will be defined as short, medium, or high rings. It's best to find the rings you want first and then measure your current rings in accordance with how the new manufacturer measures their rings. If you research the manufacturer's web site they will explain how they measure their ring height.

Here is a link to an online ring height calculator, put in everything except the ring height and the calculator will solve how high the ring height needs to be.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back