Wyoming outfitters.

rmauch20

I know this is mainly a do it yourself site but does anybody have any recommendations for pronghorn outfitters that don’t break the bank. Only have one point but looking for 2018. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:
you will only need an outfitter if you pick a unit with a lot of private land,,otherwise its basically pick and shoot for the most part.

One point if you do some research can get you a good DIY in middle to eastern part of state, and nothing is more satisfying than knowing you made the trip successful because of your own hardwork! Good luck and so you know there are no bad antelope guides in Wyoming only expensive ones.

Chris

Plenty of reasons to use an outfitter and they have their place. That being said, Wyoming antelope is the easiest DIY thing you can do. If you can drive a truck and skin a critter, you can do it. The challenge of antelope hunting is holding out longer than one day.
You won’t find better people than grizzlyoutfitters.net , to answer your question.

My two sons are teachers and could only spare 3 days out of the classroom in October. The three of of plus my Son in law used Tyler Sims Outfitting in Mc Fadden, WYO (SE corner) 3 weeks ago, and we all got a buck. I recommend him.

Thanks for the replies. I know people make it sound like you can’t fall out of a pickup without hitting a antelope in Wyoming but I haven’t made my mind up yet which route I want to go.

Spend money on a gohunt.com and OnX membership. Decide on a couple of possible units. Someone on this site will help you out once you get the unit. We’ll all have fun coming up with a game plan for the hunt and seeing how it turns out. You should easily be able to make a scouting trip up before the season.

Look at it this way. If you try it DIY and fail (won't happen), you can always go back next year and shoot one guided in a 0 point unit very easily. If you succeed you'll have a cheap hunt in your pocket for future years and won't need to rely on an outfitter. You will want to return. The Wyoming Game and Fish site is very helpful. I wouldn't drop the coin on GoHunt for planning a pronghorn hunt. OnX will be necessary.

It is a total waist of money to pay for a guide on atnleope in Wyoming. I have taken dozens of friends in Wyoming and never hunted more than two-three hours to find decent bucks. That is in SE WY unit 38 that is listed as limited access. There was plenty of land and plenty of antelope.

It is a total waist of money to pay for a guide on atnleope in Wyoming. I have taken dozens of friends in Wyoming and never hunted more than two-three hours to find decent bucks. That is in SE WY unit 38 that is listed as limited access. There was plenty of land and plenty of antelope.

I agree with Utah400elk. Plus out of principle I wont even consider using a Wyoming outfitter because of the BS law they pushed to keep nonresidents out of the Wilderness areas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back