Greetings from Montana from a former city gal

Thanks for all the warm wishes and welcomes, everyone. Yes, I am lucky enough to call Brian Barney a friend, I never listened to the podcast we recorded together so I can't comment on the listenability of it, but he's an incredible hunter and human being and father. His wife is a badass, smart, pragmatic, and funny too; every guy hunter I know would dream of having a lady so supportive, understanding, and laid back as Holly is. Be on the lookout for their kids, those girls are going to take the hunting world by storm in a few years here.

I was also on the Archery Maniacs podcast a while back, where I feel like I did a better job articulating my ideas about women in hunting and related topics.

I'm Andrea Larson, you can find me on Instagram @fishhuntflygirl. My husband is a known quantity in the archery industry (part of the reason I shoot traditional instead of compound, he's the product designer for a compound bow accessory company, I avoid all that for love of making my own bows/arrows and for fear of that coattail riding thing again) and a friend of Randy's. Mr. Newberg has nothing but my utmost respect and gratitude for all the advocacy he has done for our public lands, moreso than any other individual I've had the privilege to meet in the past several years. Which is why I'm happy to become a part of this forum.

Welcome and awesome intro!!

Very much dig the orange bolt knob and scope rings. Not sure how profitable it could be, but I'm betting one could stay busy doing that as part of the business. I think it'd be boss to have some done for my two boys...

Thanks Pointer, I sent you a PM regarding the anodizing work. Always happy to do fun projects for folks, but I don't want to turn the thread into an ad for my business. I'm an advocate for bright colors on hunting rifles, just because it's way more fun and interesting. All the camo, drab, "tactical" stuff is just so boring, overly serious, and quite unnecessary. If you get busted by an animal because of some pink or blue or purple on your rifle, I think you're probably doing hunting wrong.

Thanks Pointer, I sent you a PM regarding the anodizing work. Always happy to do fun projects for folks, but I don't want to turn the thread into an ad for my business. I'm an advocate for bright colors on hunting rifles, just because it's way more fun and interesting. All the camo, drab, "tactical" stuff is just so boring, overly serious, and quite unnecessary. If you get busted by an animal because of some pink or blue or purple on your rifle, I think you're probably doing hunting wrong.

JRYoung has a purple accented rifle or at least he used to.

Agreed! Plus, my 7yo and 10yo think the bright colors are cool!

Welcome to the forum. As has already been mentioned, you already have the hunting thing figured out. Glad you're enjoying it!

Welcome aboard. Nice pics and write-up, don't hesitate to continue to write up your hunts .... successful or not. We all love hunting stories and pics.

Welcome! I think your hunting resume' is more accomplished than mine and I've been hunting since I was 12! I look forward to seeing more from your adventures.

What an introduction! What suburb of Chicago do you call home? Reason I ask, my girlfriend is from Crystal Lake and though she has a cousin that hunted, she never did growing up. Though she enjoyed hiking and being outdoors, it wasn't until we started dating several years ago that she started asking if she could hunt with me. Fast forward a few years and she has now drawn more tags than me!

All that to say, welcome and I am glad to see more and more women getting afield!

What an introduction! What suburb of Chicago do you call home? Reason I ask, my girlfriend is from Crystal Lake and though she has a cousin that hunted, she never did growing up. Though she enjoyed hiking and being outdoors, it wasn't until we started dating several years ago that she started asking if she could hunt with me. Fast forward a few years and she has now drawn more tags than me!

All that to say, welcome and I am glad to see more and more women getting afield!

I grew up in Plainfield, my parents still live there.

I'm sure my husband is similarly amused at my transformation. I hunt more than he does by far. Though it helps that I am my own boss and can move my schedule around to accommodate hunting season. ;)

Great introduction and welcome on board. Your husband is a lucky man and we all hope you post often here and get more folks like you involved!

David

Welcome.Nice pics.
Your well beyond your yute & it appears you have a knack for it....poor guy....LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back