Good country for an old man

Brittany Chukarman

I got an urge to include a deer hunt to my Wyoming antelope hunt. My first Wyo deer tag since 1989. I put in for a long shot 1st choice and drew my 2nd choice. I wasn't looking for a big buck, just wanted to set up camp and walk from there and hopefully fill my tag with any buck better than a yearling fork. My first morning out I came upon a small herd with two young bucks and filled my tag. I got him back to camp that afternoon and broke him down into cuts the next day. I planned to spend a few days getting some cottontail but the boom seems to be over. Never saw a rabbit. Thanks to those that shared info.

From there I moved to another unit for my antelope hunt. It was the tail end of the rut and it was a lot of fun sneaking on them with so many eyeballs watching. Got a nice buck and a doe the next day. Made the 18 hour drive home really satisfied with some prime meat to butcher.

I feel really fortunate to still be doing these solo trips at 64 and plan to keep going as long as I can.

1-IMG_2880.JPG2-IMG_2889.JPG3-IMG_2903.JPG4-IMG_2908.JPG5-IMG_2931.JPG

Great pics and congrats! I hope I have the ability and gumption you do at that age! Well done!

Well done! Enjoy the fruits of your labor. Hope I'm going like that at 64.

Now that just looks like a fun trip! Congrats and thanks for sharing. Your antelope buck is exactly what I'm after someday to put on the wall. Beautiful animal.

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a rewarding trip in the way of chill and recharging the batteries, plus some quality meat and memories. Congrats

Looks like you're living the dream! Good job on putting some quality meat in the freezer plus quality antlers and horns on the wall!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back