Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The Bozeman Brawler Meets With RMEF

BigHornRam

Some of his comments are typical politician b s. Here's an example of G G talking out of his rear.

"I’m confident we’ll work it through the House,” Gianforte said. “We need a little help from the Senate so it becomes law so we don’t have to breathe our forests again next summer.”

Dumb comments like that are not helpful.

Overall a move in the right direction IMO.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/gi...cle_e4caffa0-729d-5994-ac05-9f54fcd2af57.html

Last edited:
There is a whole lot of things GiGi doesn't get, but he seems to grasp this. "However, he acknowledged that pellet fuel markets weren’t big enough to absorb all the thinning material coming out of forests."

There is a whole lot of things GiGi doesn't get, but he seems to grasp this. "However, he acknowledged that pellet fuel markets weren’t big enough to absorb all the thinning material coming out of forests."

Westerman from Arkansas made that comment Tony. Your giving G G more credit than he deserves.

Did I miss that somewhere in the links?

I apparently misspoke. It's 10,000 acres for cat-ex. Not 30 (unless three of these areas are bundled together) Cat exing these projects mean we lose elk security standards, etc as no review will be necessary and no public oversight can be had. It simply eliminates the public portion of public land management for certain projects. I get what folks are trying to do, but they're eliminating public participation under the banner of expedited projects.

Text of the bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2936/text

I apparently misspoke. It's 10,000 acres for cat-ex. Not 30 (unless three of these areas are bundled together) Cat exing these projects mean we lose elk security standards, etc as no review will be necessary and no public oversight can be had. It simply eliminates the public portion of public land management for certain projects. I get what folks are trying to do, but they're eliminating public participation under the banner of expedited projects.

Text of the bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2936/text

After years of working in the timber industry I am not sure that less "public Opinion" and more science base is not a good idea. I hear what you are saying but a Californian with a stamp knows more about our elk woods than we do. Just ask em!

After years of working in the timber industry I am not sure that less "public Opinion" and more science base is not a good idea. I hear what you are saying but a Californian with a stamp knows more about our elk woods than we do. Just ask em!

Totally get that frustration and agree, which is why this bill, which was written by industry lobbyists from DC should worry us. We've done well by treating form letters as 1 comment, submitted X times, therefore reducing their effectiveness. I don't like them. I think it promotes lazy activism and grousp think that thousands of form letters are substantive comments rather than 250 actual letters written by people. REgardless, that person in California is a part owner of these lands. Theyhave the right to participate in the management thereof.

There are certainly parts of the bill that are good, but the release of conservation strategies on forest lands isn't a good idea, epsecially in light of all of the other actions happening. We're racing to the bottom here with this administration & congress to see who can remove all conservation programs and policies the fastest.

Like this latest missive from Bishop - that elimiates funding for the Land & Water Conservation Fund, hands mineral management over to states and eliminates the ability to create marine monuments from the Antiquities Act altogether.

You cannot look simply at one bill or proposed action. You have to look at hteh entirety of the effort underway to understand how all the pieces fit together.

Then there's this: http://missoulian.com/news/local/fo...cle_127599f5-a92f-5411-a76d-1f7cb95461c9.html

The US GOv't is now telling fire scientists they can't speak about fire because it doesn't fit the narrative for things like the Westerman bill, or the Gigi/Daines jerkfest on blaming everything but the root causes of mega-fire.

Response to your article Ben.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/us...cle_8e2f13d8-e647-5416-915b-eaa01130fc31.html

I particularly got a kick out of the last paragraph......

"The whole notion of conferences is antiquated,” Stahl said. “I don’t have to leave the computer to interact with anybody I want. And when the major theme of the conference was going to be effects of climate change on wildfire, isn’t the single most damaging thing an individual can do is to jump in an airplane and fly across the country?”

4 posts in a row Paul, you are talking to yourself. Are your tags all filled?

You don't have to participate in the discussion Tony and you can try to marginalize it if you like. Most everyone else that cares about the health and resilience of our public forests are having an honest discussion about it. The RMEF is actively involved in this issue and will weigh in for you. Hopefully you share their perspective?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back